Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Crew



With a new adopted baby...getting pregnant was one of the last things on our mind. Honestly we weren't sure if pregnancy was ever even an option for us. Corban was four months old when I had an emotional break down at high school camp over a concession stand closing down and I wasn't able to buy a pickle. Stupid Concession stand guy!! That should have been my first clue. The next week we had our identity stolen and had no money for literally two weeks. My friend Lauren and I were singing at Vacation Bible School that same week. I told her I was late and I just couldn't seem to catch up on my sleep. She kept telling me I was pregnant and I just knew there was no way. Plus we had no money to buy a pregnancy test with our identity stolen and I had quit taking pregancy tests that last year because I never got pregnant. On top of all that Blake had been out of town three of the four weeks that previous month...and we had tried off and on for a year and a half. It just wasn't happening!! I went home late one night that week and was putting Corban to bed. I reached under his changing table to get a diaper and I noticed a pregnancy test. I have no idea what it was doing under there, but I put Corban to bed and went to the go take the test. Sure enough it was positive!! I couldn't believe it!! Blake and I were so excited...yet nervous that the boys were going to be 13 months apart!! Pregnancy was awesome! I always pictured Crew to be brown like Corban...yet he came out whiter than Blake! Crew has such a gentle, loving spirit. He is quiet, yet mischevious. He is beautiful. He is a lover, a wrestler, a light sleeper and a smiler. Our prayer continues on that he will know CHRIST intimately as he grows up!!

No comments: