Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Surrender

The solace of surrender
I find myself at rest
Your peace running like a river
And peace promising Your best

Holding to you my GOD
LORD fill my mind with wonder
Take away this phony facade
Forsaking my sin, let me never ponder

Facing my shame, never pointing a finger
Have victory my GOD, let not my sin linger
I let go of contempt and this need to blame
For Your name alone deserves all the fame

To You GREAT GOD I do surrender
I now look to You, seeing glory and splendor
Giving up expectation, giving up all control
Burning Your truth on my lips, deeper still in my soul

Your solace of surrender
I know I have your rest
Your peace rushing like a river
Your peace has promised me Your best

-SC

3 comments:

maury jo photography said...

love it! Surrendering and embracing...great stuff! Love you!

Nat Pat said...

missing you! seems like forever since we've hung out. need to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome work of art!!! I really didn't realize that you had written this poem until, finally, I really thought about it, and decided to ask!!! What a message...of hope!! Love you, MOM